SAP delivers 10 typical patterns, namespace is http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns
Collect:Collecting several messages and merge them into one message.
- Different ways to stop collecting
- Time-dependent (infinite loop)
- Receiving a stop message (with fork step, infinite loop)
- Collecting messages from different interfaces
- Collecting all messages (with fork, complete when all branch have been processed)
- Collecting based on a condition (system check condition in sequece your specified)
Multicast: sending a message to multiple receivers and waiting for a response message from each of receivers
- Sending simultaneously (ParForEach)
- Sending to one after the other (ForEach)
Serialization: defining the sequence in which a process sends received messages.You can specify that the process must wait for an acknowledgement from the receiver each time that it sends a message.
- One start message (receive messages one by one)
- Multiple start message (receive messages in parallel)
Sync/Async Bridge: Communication between a synchronous and an asynchronous business system.